Healthy Relationships of the Finger Lakes Program Counselor/Therapist
POSITION TITLE: Healthy Relationships of the Finger Lakes Program Counselor/Therapist STATUS: Exempt DEPARTMENT: Healthy Relationships of the Finger Lakes PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: In conjunction with Reltionship Workshop team, we provide marriage and relationship education services to participants, and individuals connected with Wayne County, such as CCWC staff, school employees, and other community members.
Email all resumes to Peter Dohr at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Implements marriage and relationship education skills curriculum for students and members of the Wayne
County community participating in the Relationship Workshops .
2. Provides group services and activities to students, residents and employees participating in the Relationship Workshops .
3. Works collaboratively with school administrators, counseling and teaching staff to assist school in
scheduling marriage and relationship education skills curriculum to its students.
4. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community leaders, businesses and police
department in an on-going effort to improve relationships in the community.
5. Ensures delivery of Healthy Relation pre/post tests for group participants, assists in the analysis and
interpretation of program statistics, and identifies emerging and or concerning trends.
6. Participates in and oversees provision of Relationship Workshops community events focusing on family relationships.
7. Develops and provides community, school, and employer workshops focusing on healthy relationships and
positive coping skills.
8. Establishes and maintains relationships with school counselors, teachers, and principals in which the Relationship Workshops
curriculum is provided.
9. Actively supports the agency’s core competency initiatives of being collaborative and community-focused,
innovative and entrepreneurial, and culturally competent and diverse.
10. Prepares and maintains written reports as required by agency and funding sources.
11. Participates in QA/CQI of the Healthy Relationships of the Finger Lakes.
12. Participates in agency requirements/events including but not limited to: fundraising; community events;
evening and weekend requirements; affiliated school open houses, all as directed by supervisor from time
13. Participates in staff meetings, and attends mandatory trainings.
14. Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Psychology
Must be license-eligible or have licensure in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Psychology
Preferred minimum 3 months working with children, adolescents, adults.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR:
Healthy Relationships of the Finger Lakes Program Supervisor, then Relationship Workshop Project Manager
• Demonstrate ethical business practices, in conformance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well versed in group dynamics.
• Previous experience working with diverse populations, including in the private and public sector, and
including low to moderate-income families.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Ability to travel in all reasonable weather conditions throughout the counties served.
• Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of
positive/constructive communication techniques.
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to all records reviewed including client records,
employee records and billing records.
• Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
• Possession a valid NYS Driver’s license and a driver’s record considered acceptable by agency and
• Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
• Demonstrate full adherence to the CCWC Code of Conduct and all policies/procedures related to compliance.
• Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
• Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
• Climb up or down stairs;
• Able to reach above or below shoulders;
• Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs;
• Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
• Be able to read write and interpret written documents;